Energy Efficiency Snapshots (February 2015)
Highlights from this month's reports:
- For the second month in a row, creation of metered baseline certificates accounted for over 50 per cent of the total monthly ESC creation
- Orica Australia was the largest creator of certificates this month, creating 25k ESCs for their Botany chlorine plant upgrade under the metered baseline method.
- The ESC price opened February at $14.70. It increased rapidly through the month to close at $17.90, but has since dropped back to $16.10.
- The 6 week creation average increased in February to 89,971 compared with 67,242 in the previous month. If VEEC creation continues to average 89,971 certificate per week, then a 2015 target of 5.4 million registered certificates will just be met.
- 244k VEECs were created for lighting activity 21C. This is the highest level of creation for a single month we have seen in this activity and equates to 71 per cent of all certificates created for February
- The price opened February at $18.40. The price remained reasonably stable until 19 February when it spiked up to $18.95. Subsequently, it dropped back down to close the month at $18.00.
The VEEC and ESC Snapshots are available as part of Green Energy Markets' Energy Efficiency subscription, either . For more information or to susbcribe please contact Emily on 03 9805 0729 or email us.