Energy Efficiency Snapshots (May 2015)
- Energy Makeovers was the largest creator of certificates this month, creating almost 120k ESCs from the sale of new appliances (commercial) deemed methodology.
- 275,987 certificates were created in May. This is the highest level of creation we have seen since September 2014.
- 53 per cent of certificates created this month were for the sale of new appliances (deemed) methodology. These were created by two ACPs ‐ Energy Makeover and Demand Manager.
- The ESC price opened May at $18.00. It increased progressively through the month to close at $21.55.
- 583k VEECs were submitted for registration in May compared with 469k in April. This is the highest level of monthly creation we have seen since July 2013.
- Wattly was the largest creator of certificates this month, creating 52k VEECS (9 per cent), with the majority created for 21C activities. This is a significant increase in volume from previous months.
- The price opened May at $18.75. It softened slightly to $18.70 on 5 May before increasing through the middle of the month to reach $19.20 on 15 May. It dropped back to $17.90 on 18 May and then gradually increased through to the end of May, closing at the month high of $19.30.