The LGC Snapshot is available as part of Green Energy Markets' Renewables Report subscription. For more information or to susbcribe please contact Emily or call us on 03 9805 0729.
- Renewable energy's share of NEM generation in July was 19.5% inclusive of rooftop solar and 17.6% excluding rooftop solar. This is the fourth highest monthly market share (excl roof solar) achieved since January 2013.
- The boost in market share was largely a product of a dramatic rebound in wind generation which achieved a record high in July. The NEM-wide wind farm capacity factor was 44.8%. For the pre-2013 wind farms it was 43.9% which is the fourth highest since the beginning of tracking this metric in Jan 2013.
- Hydro output continues at levels trailing the 2013-2016 average. Year to date hydro output is 19% behind the 2013-2016 average for Jan-July.
- No major revisions have been made this month to the expected 2017 output of operational projects.
- 8 projects received accreditation in July, with the most notable being the 15MW Valdora Sunshine Coast Council Solar Farm. Also of note is that White Rock Wind Farm received accreditation in June.
- The LGC spot price rose considerably over July, starting the month at $78 and then steadily rising to end the month at $84. The 2019 forward price also rose considerably to the mid $70's after hitting a low of $52 in May.