GEM Report: Solar Snapshot (July 2017)
The Solar Snapshot is available as part of Green Energy Markets' Solar Report subscription. For more information or to susbcribe please contact Emily on 03 9805 0729 or email us.
Highlights from the latest report:
- STC creation in July was marginally up on June figures and the 2017 year to date weekly average creation has again increased from 378k last month to 388k this month.
- At end of July creation was running 58% greater than required to achieve the target and at current average creation levels the market remains on track for an end of year surplus of STCs of about 7.4 million.
- STCs representing 14,466 solar PV systems and 93 MW of capacity were created in July, almost identical to June figures although the make up of numbers was quite different; system numbers were down in both Qld and Vic (-3%, -4%) but significantly up in SA (+19%).
- STCs representing 5,978 SWH systems were created in July. This up 14% on last month's Snapshot.
- Australia's first local government solar farm, the 15MW Sunshine Coast Solar Farm, was accredited in July, along with 7 sub-megawatt solar power stations.