Report: Energy Efficiency Snapshots (July 2015)
Highlights from this months' reports:
- 119,598 certificates were created in July compared with 596,092 certificates last month. June was unusully high due to it being the last chance to register the previous years' vintage
- Out Performers was the largest creator of certificates this month, creating almost 37k ESCs from a variety of different methodologies. They are also the largest YTD certificate creator with a YTD market share of 19.4 per cent
- 8 per cent of created certificates this month were for NABERs methodology. This is the first NABERs creation this year
- The ESC price opened July at $20.40. It dropped early in the month to a low of $18.60 on 16 July. It then rallied to $20.50 on 23 July before dropping back down to close the month at $20.10
- Auspro Group was the largest creator of certificates this month, creating more than 50k VEECS (10 per cent), with the majority created for 21C activities. This is a significant increase in volume from previous months.
- The price opened July at $19.25 and it increased steadily through the month to close at $22.00. This is the highest the price has been since mid March 2014.
- EnergyAustralia is still the largest owner of certificates (29 per cent) accumulating 169k VEECs this month. Origin and AGL Hydro Partnership also accumulated significant amounts of VEECs this month ‐ 138k and 100k respectively.