The LGC Snapshot is available as part of Green Energy Markets' Renewables subscription. For more information or to subscribe please contact Emily on 03 9805 0729 or email us.
- Renewable energy's share of NEM generation was 19.0% in August with both hydro and wind output down on last month.
- Wind farm output was down on the very high levels of the prior month but still recorded a respectable NEM-wide capacity factor of 36.7% (excluding the partially operational Hornsdale Stage 1 and Ararat).
- Snowy and the generators associated with Tasmania's smaller storages continue to generate at levels that have them on track to comfortably exceed their baselines. Year to date generation for Poatina, Gordon, Dartmouth, Kareeya and Barron Gorge are below baselines on a pro rata basis.
- The 240 MW Ararat Wind Farm was accredited this month in addition to 10 smaller projects.
- ARENA has announced 12 winners totaling 482MW under its large-scale solar funding program.
- The spot LGC price inched upwards beginning August at $85.40 and then peaking at $87.70 towards the end of the month before subsiding slightly to $87.50 as of Friday 2 September.