Report: Solar Snapshot (April 2016)
Highlights from the April report:
- STC creation in April continues to remain noticeably below the rate required for the 2016 target, running at an average of 279,000 STCs per week year to date compared to a 327,300 target.
- STCs representing 10,487 solar PV systems and 56.3MW of capacity were created in April.
- 26 per cent of installed capacity creating certificates during April was for commercial PV systems.
- 5 solar power stations were accredited for LGCs last month with none pending registration, a noticeable drop from the record 17 power stations accredited in the prior month.
- SWH system numbers experienced a significant surge, up 18 per cent on last month's figures to 5,670. The growth was driven entirely by Victoria, where the number of systems were up 75 per cent on last month's figures, meanwhile NSW, QLD, WA and TAS recorded falls in system numbers.