Report: Solar Snapshot (August 2016)
- STC creation in August averaged 310,000 per week, and the year to date weekly average now stands at 295,000 STCs, 9.9% short of the Regulator's target (327,300 per week).
- STCs representing 11,795 solar PV systems and 66.3MW of capacity were created in August. The number of systems is up significantly on July by 14% and up 9% on the 12 month average with big gains seen in NSW and SA. Capacity is up 14% on the prior month and 16% on the 12 month average, driven heavily by NSW as well as increases in QLD.
- Capacity installed at the commercial-scale increased across every state except Victoria, with NSW most prominent. But residential-scale capacity increased by more this month than commercial, bucking the long term trend.
- STCs representing 6,062 SWH systems were created in August, up 10% on July.
- Eight solar power stations totalling 2.3MW of capacity were accredited for LGCs last month with another 4 pending of 6.6MW in combined capacity.