Report: Solar Snapshot (December 2016)
Highlights from the latest report:
- STC creation leapt spectacularly in December, averaging 464,000 per week over the month (excluding public holidays). This is 53% above the weekly average for the preceding January to November. The weekly average across the year now stands at 315,000 STCs, which is just 3.8% short of the Regulator's target (327,300 per week).
- Indicative of this large surge, in the week preceding Christmas STC creation peaked at 654,000, a level not seen since December 2012 when the solar STC multiplier (2x) was still in place .
- Capacity installed at the commercial-scale represented 32% of total capacity installed in December. This is the first time the commercial segment exceeded 30% of total capacity installed with the prior 11 months averaging around 25%
- STCs representing 5,980 SWH systems were created in December which is up 5.6% on last month's Snapshot.
- 12 solar power stations were accredited for LGCs in December with the ACT's 10MW Williamsdale and 13 MW Mugga Lane projects the two largest. No accreditation applications are pending at this stage.