The Solar Snapshot is available as part of Green Energy Markets' Solar Report subscription. For more information or to susbcribe please contact Emily on 03 9805 0729 or email us.
- STC creation picked up in May, exceeding the required target for 2 weeks. However the year to date average creation continues to remain noticeably below the rate required for the 2016 target, running at an average of 285,000 STCs .
- STCs representing 11,528 solar PV systems and 62.3MW of capacity were created in May, this is the highest achieved so far this year by a noticeable margin.
- The number of solar PV systems creating certificates were up by more than 10 per cent on last month across every state except SA (up 5 per cent). However compared to the past 12 month average they are up just 3 per cent.
- Victoria was only just 21 systems short of leader Queensland in terms of number of PV systems, while WA is now getting close to the three eastern states. WA's system numbers for May were up 27 per cent on its 12 month average.
- Just 2 solar power stations were accredited for LGCs last month and only one is pending registration.
- SWH system numbers dropped 2 per cent in May after an 18 per cent surge in April, but remain high relative to the prior 12 month period. Victoria continues to dominate, while WA overtook QLD for second spot on SWH system numbers.