The VEEC Snapshot is available as part of Green Energy Markets' Energy Efficiency subscription. For more information or to susbcribe please contact Emily on 03 9805 0729 or email us.
- 816k VEECs were created in August, up 13% on July creation (723k). This is the second highest month of creation since 2012 (June 2016 being the highest, 949k)
- Activity 34 (Commercial Lighting) created a record 554k certificates in August, representing 68% of total creation (up 10% from last month).
- Creation from Activity 21C continued to fall (89k), representing 11% of total creation (down 6% from last month)
- As at end August 2016, there were 6.09m VEECs available, including 1.3m pending registration. This is sufficient to meet the 2016 target of 5.4 million after allowing 500k certificates for liquidity float.
- The VEEC price opened August at $15.90 then trended generally downwards during the course of the month. On 11th August the price dropped significantly from $15.50 to $14.25, from which point it did not recover. The price closed the month at $14.00 and has since traded at $13.70 on 6th September. This is the lowest VEEC price since October 2014.