Report: VEEC Snapshot (December 2015)
Highlights from the December 2015 report:
- 574k VEECs were created in December, 14 per cent higher than the 555k in November.
- Residential lighting (schedule 21) accounted for 74.8 per cent of the total certificate creation in December compared with 77.4 per cent in November.
- VEEC creation from commercial lighting continues to grow and accounted for 13.4 per cent of total December creation.
- Regulations to give effect to announced changes to methodologies, specifically changes to abatement factors and extended operating hours for commercial lighting were implemented on 23 December.
- The spot price opened December at $27.50 and drifted lower during the month to close at $26.10. The price continued to fall into January getting as low as $24.25 before recovering to close on Friday 15 January at $27.00.